Ever since Edward O. Thorp released his book, Beat the Dealer, in 1962, women and men are already flocking to casinos to try their hand at card counting. Most avoid the table disappointed, however, his or her knowledge of card counting is not complete enough to succeed. It also doesn’t help that casinos make use of a quantity of tricks and techniques to fight card counters, and also this list is specialized in some of the more widespread methods.
1. With the exception of Atlantic City, casinos throughout the United States have a very legal right to inquire about any player to leave. While they can’t discriminate on the basis of gender, race, or age, that still leaves a lot of latitude for ejecting a new player. Casinos won’t hesitate to toss out a successful card counter, and they’re going to visit great lengths to keep them from playing there later on. This is why many successful advantage players use disguises.
2. Casino personnel are the very first distinct defense against card counters. Blackjack dealers are frequently taught to count cards in order to spot advantage players, while other tell-tale signs include large buy-ins and bets, and also table hopping.
3. When a player suddenly increases their wager, the house may counter by shuffling the cards. This can hurt the home, though, as the added time spent shuffling cards cuts down on variety of hands played and also the casino’s overall earnings. This problem might be overcome, however, by utilization of an automated card shuffler.
4. Since many card counters want to stand back in the table, count them, after which sit back when they are with an advantage, some casinos will prevent new players from entering in the center of a shoe.
5. Some blackjack tables now include scanners which examine the play of every individual and check out patterns that could indicate a benefit player.
6. Counting cards requires concentration, hence the casino has been seen to send a worker over to engage the charge card counter in conversation. This distracts you, preventing them from keeping an exact count of they. In past decades, more physical methods were chosen.
7. The pit boss can require you to flat bet, meaning they have to wager a similar amount on every hand. Since card counting depends on making large wagers when the cards have been in the gamer’s favor, this acts as an effective deterrent.
8. In addition to keeping photos of known card counters, casinos can also employ image recognition software built to help forecast the disguise of an edge player.
9. Surveillance systems are placed in every major casino, and these could be used to monitor and identify a card counter.
10. The casino may customize the rules at the table to discourage advantage players from sitting yourself down. This can add the rules regarding playing multiple hands, splitting, doubling down, or perhaps the amount wagered after a show.
It should be noted that card counting isn’t illegal. It’s simply a method which allows players to discover when the remaining cards work to their advantage and when they don’t. If you decide to engage in card counting, I suggest you devote plenty of practice before heading to the casino. And if you need to do talk to success, make certain you’re as discreet as possible.